Saturday. Registration at 8 am, pull begins at 9 am.
Stock Farm Tractors, 1959 and older:
- Stock drawbars only. No modifications. a clevis is to be used and cannot be modified.
- The maximum hitch height is 18 inches. This will be measured from the point of contact that hook on the chain will have with the tractor.
- Washers may be used to shim the clevis.
- The clevis must be attached to the drawbar in the normal location.
- The minimum distance from the centerline of the rear axle to the pin hole where the clevis is attached is 24 inches.
- Tractors with 2 or 3 point hitch drawbar must have drawbar secured with stabilizer bars or pins.
- Unusual stock items: The owner of any tractor equipped with unusual or seldom seen parts will be required to bring parts, operators or service manuals to verify to officials that the parts are factory stock.
- Industrial tractors that cannot meet this requirement must remain stock.
- Regular or radial tires are legal. NO CUT TIRES.
- Tractors in the 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 pound classes will be limited to a maximum tire width of 15.5 inches.
- Tractors in the 6500, 7500, pound classes will be limited to a maximum tire width of 16.9 inches.
- Tractors in the 8500, 9500, 10,500, and 11,500 classes will be limited to maximum tire width of 18.4 inches on row crop style.
- All tractors must be equipped with safety bars. The safety bars must be made out of three-inch channel iron or the equivalent.
- Safety bars must be rigid and stationary and extend 4 inches past the rear tires and 10 inches from the ground.
- Three-point hitch arms may be used, if bolted stationary into position.
- All safety bars must be equipped with safety pads on the ends of the bars. Safety pads must be stationary and must not be less than 25 square inches per pad.
- All tractors must be equipped with safety bars strong enough to support the weight of the tractor when tested by a judge.
Weight of Tractors:
- Front frame weights are legal. This means any factory cast frame weights bolted in the stock location.
- Front wheel weights are legal. This means any factory front cast wheel weights bolted securely in the stock location. Two sets maximum at events with no scales. No limit at events with scales.
- Rear wheel weights are legal. This means any factory cast rear wheel weights bolted securely in the stock location. Three sets maximum at events with no scales. No limit at events with scales.
- Loaded tires are legal. Either loaded tires or three sets of wheel weights, not both events with no scales. Both loaded tires and any amount of wheel weights at events with scales.
- 2500 LBS
- 3500 LBS
- 4500 LBS
- 5500 LBS
- 6500 LBS
- 7500 LBS
- 8500 LBS
- 9500 LBS
- 10,500 LBS
- 11,500 LBS.
The officials of events reserve the right to add any additional rules or correct any problems that happen at an event that are not written in the rules.
- PULL: 20′ is a full pull.
- HITCHING UP: You may not bring your tractor onto the track until the flagman allows you to do so. No pack the track! You back up once and hook up to the stone boat. No pulling ahead and backing up again and again Tractors must be in neutral and hands off the controls when a man is hooking you on. No jerking of the stone boat allowed. You must tighten the chain before pulling Disengaging and engaging clutch after your pull begins is not allowed.
- OUT OF BOUNDS: Guide ropes will be placed on the ground at a distance of 14 feet apart. Any part of the tractor touching the guide rope or going over the ropes during the pull will disqualify the pull and the tractor from the event.
- STONE BOAT: The stone boat will only be centered to track at the officials discretion.
- WEIGHING IN: all tractors must be weighed in 1 hour prior to the start of the event. Once a tractor is weighed it will be parked in the staging area and not allowed to go back to the pit area.
- NO RIDERS: No riders on the tractors in any area of the event. Any coaching must be done outside of the out of bounds markers.
- FLUIDS: Any fluids leaking from tractors in excessive amounts will disqualify the tractor from the event.
- CLASS WINNERS: A winner of a class can move up to the next class and compete. Only if he/she won his/her class by making a full pull. No weight can be added and no changes can be made to the tractor. Winning tractors maybe reinspected and re-weighed at officials discretion.
- DRIVERS: the drivers must be 18 years of age or older and maintain good, safe adult behavior at all times. Drivers who do not remain seated while pulling will be automatically disqualified. All drivers are expected to help out on the track crew at some point during the event. Any driver intoxicated or disrespectful will be disqualified.
- BRAKES: All tractors must have good working brakes.
- SHEET METAL: Major sheet metal shall be in place and properly attached.
- NO Fordson tractors allowed. (Because of worm gear drive)
- Anything that falls off a tractor while on the tract will disqualify the tractor.
- NO: 4-wheel drive tractors, dual rear wheels, tire chains, half tracks, crawler tractors and no implements on tractors.