Winner will be presented with the Jamie Kirchner Memorial Trophy.
Any youth 6 years or older may enter. Follow the recipe below, it does not need to be included with the entry.
All others will receive participant ribbons.
- 1 Cup shortening 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar 2 cups flour
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 – 12 ounce bag Chocolate Chips
Makes 6 dozen.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix shortening and brown sugar.
- Add granulated sugar and stir.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack.
Submit 6 on a plate for judging.