Gary and Linda Rosa, Superintendents – (860) 482-2185
- Entries close September 23rd.
- All exhibitors must be 18 years and over.
- Entries may be brought in Thursday night 6–8 pm or 4-5:30 pm Friday. Judging Saturday 10 am.
- No display may be adjusted by exhibitors after 5:30 pm Friday
- Exhibits must be picked up 5-6 pm Sunday.
- Exhibits entered in Department R shall be the work of the exhibitor.
- No more than two entries in any category will be accepted from a single exhibitor, please list each item
separately on entry blank.
- Names on all work must be covered until judging is complete.
- Items exhibited must have been completed within the 12 months preceding the Fair. Only original work accepted.
- CRAFTS must be designed and made by craftsman. Kits and items assembled from commercially manufactured parts are
ineligible. Purchased ceramic greenware that has been painted by exhibitor is acceptable.
- ARTISTS – a copy of another picture is not original, a picture altered by an instructor is not original.
- Any work not suitable for mounting with thumb tacks must be prepared for hanging with string or similar material
on the back by the exhibitor.
- Collections must fit into no more than 18×18 inches of space, 1 entry per exhibitor.
- Miscellaneous is only for items not covered by other categories.
- Best of Show will be awarded a Rosette.
Maximum size overall 33” x 28”
Your name on artwork needs to be blocked out prior to entry.
Artwork must be able to be wall mounted.
1. Original Oil Painting
2. Water Color
4. Pencil – Color
5. Pencil – Black & White
6. Crayon or Pastel
7. Black and White (charcoal)
8. Pen and Ink
10. Decorative Painting on Object
All crafts, except wood and wreaths, not to exceed 18”x18”
11. Scrapbook (limit 1 entry per exhibitor)
12. Hand Woven Baskets
13. Dried Materials
14. Pine Cone Article
15. Holiday Article-Autumn Theme & Special Rosette to be awarded
16. Sweatshirt – decorated
18. Metal Article
21. Collection (please specify, limit 1 entry per exhibitor)
22. Stenciled Article
25. Silk Arrangements
27. Scarecrow Contest – see pg. 29
28. Decorated Pumpkin – see pg. 29
29. Stained Glass
35. Articles – No Kits
36. Wood Burned Article
37. Wood Turnings
45. Metal Model
46. Wood Model
47. Plastic Model
48. Litchfield County Contest Framed art from recycled material
To win a complimentary Pass to the 2022 Harwinton Fair, enter a suggestion for a theme for our Photography Contest. If
yours is chosen – you win a pass. Entries can be placed in the box in Adult Photography – include your name, address,
phone number and theme.
- Prints must be 8” x 10” or 11” x 14”.
- No more than 2 prints in any category, snapshots – one entry
- Must be mounted on 16” x 20” standard non-flexible mounts, 1/8” to 3/16” thickness, but not framed. Any others will not be accepted.
- Only print titles are permitted on front. Name and address of exhibitor must be put on back along with the
- Photographs must not have been entered in any previous Harwinton Fair.
- Prints must be in by 5:30 p.m. Friday.
- Youths, 17 years and under, may enter only in Youth Dept. -(See page 28)– No. 92 Black and White – No. 93 –
- Categories for Adults (Miscellaneous is only for items not covered by other categories)
Black & White (8×10 or larger)
Color (8×10 or larger)
59. Plant Life
- Limit one entry per category
- Only commercially printed snapshots will be accepted.
- Snapshots should be no smaller than 2 1/2 inches square and no larger than 4 inches by 6 inches.
- Snapshots submitted shall be unmounted.
67. Plant Life
72. Photography Contest “Old Firehouses”
- Only one entry per exhibitor.
- Color Photographs only. 5×7, 5×11, 8×10 or 11×14 print mounted on 16×20 mount but not framed.