October 2nd and 3rd
General Rules And Regulations
- One person per horse admitted free to the grounds.
- Current rabies vaccine and negative Coggins certificates are required for each horse.
- No stallions are allowed on the fairgrounds.
- Red ribbons must be on the tails of horses that kick.
- AQHA rule-book will be used as a guideline only.
- Decisions of the judge and/or committee are final.
- No horses will be ridden in any area other than the show ring.
- Proper attire is required boots and hats for anyone under 18 years of age. It is mandatory to wear protective headgear with the harness securely fastened.
- There will be no refunds, no exceptions.
- Secretaries booth will be opened at 7:30 am on Saturday and 9:30 am on Sunday
- All entry forms must be signed by rider or guardian if rider is a minor.
- Separate numbers will be assigned to riders riding more than one horse. Riders CANNOT combine points from more than one horse for any on championship.
- Any disorderly conduct by rider or horse will exclude them from the show and fair grounds.
- All courses will be posted at the secretaries booth and lower end of the show ring.
- Anyone showing in the walk-trot/walk-jog divisions are NOT eligible for any other divisions.
The Harwinton Agricultural Society Horse Show Committee, and Show Officials WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE for any Accident, Loss, Damage, or Death to Person, Horse, or Property. Signature on Entry Form Constitutes Agreement Herein.
(as of January 1, 2021)
- Lead-line 7 years and under
- Pee-Wee 10 years and under
- Walk-trot/jog 13 years and under
- Youth 11 years to 18 years
- Junior 17 years and under
- Open all ages
- Games all ages
English and Western Class List
Saturday October 2nd at 9:30 am, rain or shine.
1. Walk-Jog Showmanship
2. Junior Showmanship ( first 3 classes are western only)
3. Open Showmanship
4. Walk-Trot Equitation
5. Walk-Trot Pleasure
6. Walk-Trot Discipline Rail
7. Walk-Jog Horsemanship
8. Junior Horsemanship
9. Open Horsemanship
10. Junior Equitation
11. Junior Pleasure
12. Junior Discipline Rail
13. Lead-Line 7 years, and under being lead by adult (first class after lunch).
14. Walk-Jog Pleasure
15. Junior Pleasure
16. Open Pleasure
17. Open Equitation
18. Open Pleasure
19. Open Discipline Rail
20. Western Fair Pleasure
21. English Fair Pleasure
22. Musical Cones
23. Egg and Spoon
24. Simon Says
25. Water ride
- Walk-Jog: 1, 7, 14
- Open Western: 3, 9, 16
- Walk-Trot: 4, 5, 6
- Open English: 17, 18, 19
- Junior Western: 2, 8, 15
- Games: 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- Junior English: 10, 11, 12