Sponsored by the Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc., and The Durham Agricultural Fair Association, Inc., “The Durham Fair”
- Open to all residents of Connecticut; men, women or juniors. If entered by Juniors, they will be judged with all adult entries.
- Any resident of Connecticut entering the Quilt Contest at any Fair belonging to the Association of Connecticut Fairs is automatically competing in the local contest. Contestants may enter the contest in as many Fairs as they wish until they win first prize. They will then represent that Fair in the state contest. The state contest is held at the annual association of Connecticut Fairs Fall Meeting.
- The Association of Connecticut Fairs will furnish judges score sheets to each Fair and the Contestant will receive these sheets at the end of the contest. Judging will be based on overall appearance, workmanship and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
The winner of the Quilt Contest will receive a rosette from the Association of Connecticut Fairs and will be eligible to submit their entry to the state contest. In the event a Fair receives only one entry in the contest, and that entry is worthy of First Prize, the Association Rosette must be awarded to the Contestant.
The state contest will be held at The Association of Connecticut Fairs Fall meeting (check www.ctagfairs.org for date and location). Each fair must contact the winner of their local contest and provide information about reservations and other contest info. The Association of Connecticut Fairs does not contact the contestants.
The following prizes are to be awarded at the Fall Meeting in each category.
Please visit www.CTAgFairs.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
L 105 Hand-applique
L 106 Pieced- Machine Quilted
L 107 Pieced-Hand Quilted
- All work must be completed by an individual quilt maker.
- Work can be pieced by hand or by machine but appliqué must be done by hand.
- Quilts must be hand or machine quilted, no hand tied quilts
- To qualify for an appliqué quilt, the quilt must be at least 50% appliqué.
- All four sides, when added together, must measure a minimum of 216 inches total.
- Quilts may not be made from pre-cut quilt kits.
- No wall hanging quilts.
- A quilt can only compete in the Association of Connecticut Fairs quilt contest once.
|Overall visual appeal||10 points|
|Uses of pattern & design||25 points|
|Effects of Color in Overall Design||10 points|
|Suitability of Materials||5 points|
|Border or Edge Treatment||5 points|
|Precision of work-Top & Back||20 points|
|Quality of Quilting and/or Needlework||20 points|
|Binding, Edges & Backing||5 points|
|Total Score||100 points|